Monday, May 30, 2011

Just Plain Crazy!

 I need catch up on my blog posts! The last few days have been a little crazy!
Saturday night we decided to take our folks down town to bourbon street. Before we got there we saw the craziest thing, a wedding march!!
 These people were marching down Canal Street which is one of the busiest street in New Orleans! They had a jazz band playing music, clowns on stilts, every person had a New Orleans mask to hide their faces, and they were not just walking, they were dancing down the street! It was Just Plain Crazy!
I stopped to take a picture of the famous Bourbon Street sign. We had made plans to eat at the Acme Oyster House, which was featured on food network, but the line to even get in was way down the block!
So instead we ate at another restaurant that was very nice, but I can't remember its name.
After we ate bourbon street was really picking up. It was Just Plain Crazy! My dad put it best into words, "This is the most Evil place I have ever been too!" I don't want to get into to much detail because I have kids that read this blog. Put it this way, it so was ridiculous that I can not post a single picture that I took on here!

On Sunday morning we woke up and went down to the French Market to eat breakfast. I love the French Market! You can buy just about any kind of trinket you can think of here from all kinds of different vendors.

Gary really liked playing with the masks in this store!

I like this one for Christi! I think it suits her!


My mom had to try one on!

After walking around we decided to head back to the apartment. They had a LONG drive back home to Georgia. We said our goodbys and believe it or not, I did not cry. I admit I had a very strong sad felling in the pit of my stomach. (I have always been a home body and I actually LIKE spending time with my parents)

As I watched them leave and their car roll down the street a thought came to me.

"Well, this is it. So far everything in my life has lead to this exact moment. From growing up being a daddy's girl, being a member at Friendship, marrying Chris, graduating college; everything has been God preparing me for this moment."

They drove off, and I had an extreme calming peace. This is where the Lord has called us, and I am going to Cherish every moment of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment