Sunday, May 20, 2012

Do You?

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
Mark 12:30

And the question is..

DO you??

After this mornings sermon at First Baptist of New Orleans
(or FBC NOLA as I like to call it)

I took a harder look at myself.
I know I love the Lord with all my soul and I'd say with all my heart.

But... I am failing him with the all my strength part.

Are you the type of Christian who says to themselves,

"Well I'm saved, I'm going to heaven, I believe in him. But I don't really need to go to church or live the Christian lifestyle, I can just do what I want, cause I know God will just forgive me anyways."

There are SOOO many Christians who follow the above statement,
and I admit I have been one of them.

I thought that since I was half way trying to do the right things then I was okay, cause he would just forgive me for the rest.

Sometimes we try to rationalize God's forgiveness, but honestly it really doesn't work that way.

I need to Love God with all my strength. That means with all my power I am to honor him. 

With Everything..

I know I will fail. But at least I can wholeheartedly  try and stop making excuses for myself before I even fail him in the first place. 







No comments:

Post a Comment