Saturday, June 9, 2012

BIG News

So I have been waiting a couple of weeks to OFFICIALLY announce my BIG news!

I have a new job,
in St. Bernard Parish:)

I am moving out of the Christian private school setting and into the Public school system.

I know, I know, I KNOW!
a major difference between private vs. public down here,
but I can handle it. I am going to be teaching 4th grade, which is also a big move from my 1st grade cuties I have been teaching:)

St. Bernard Parish was devastated during hurricane Katrina.
Driving through the area there are still numerous slabs where houses used to be and were never rebuilt. The storm damaged EVERY structure that was build here. I believe this is actually the area that took the hardest hit from the storm.

My new school is out in the boonies away from the city.
In this area there are shrimp boats out in people's front yards and everyone's house is up on HIGH stilts.




It always cracks me up seeing the tailors up on the high slits.
Some of the stilts also just look like telephone poles to me.
I have even seen ones that were just stacked up on top of cement blocks.

So I am going to be teaching in the more rural part of the city. The people here are definitely more Cajun and I am SOOOO excited and really to start!



No comments:

Post a Comment