Saturday, July 28, 2012

Christians Stand Up




So pretty much if you have a facebook you have seen one of the two posters above.

Right now there is a ton of controversy going on about how Chickfila spokesperson Dan Cathy spoke on how their company is based on


 Christian values such as same sex marriage 


and keeping the Sabbath holy. 


This outrage has caused some serious turmoil for the Chickfila company. Boston, Chicago, and recently Los Angeles have all spoken about how the restaurants will no longer be permitted to be in their cities since they don't follow the same beliefs. A mass boycott of the restaurant is also in place.


I personally have even seen several old high school and college acquaintances speak out on facebook their input on the matter. Many are saying that they think that Chickfila's stand on Christian principals is terrible and "not with the times."


Right now it is looking like it won't be much longer until same sex marriage is legal. This cry out from so many American people about the issue is really making a mark!


I see this as a major problem for Christianity.
Christians today are too afraid to stand up. 


LOOK at how these people have made a stand, gained world wide attention, and are getting their ways justified by law.


Now, Why can't we Christians make a stand?
If they can do it for evil, why can't we do it for GOOD?


I congratulate Chickfila! I am looking at them as a roll models.
I am making a stand by CHOOSING to stand with them!


Why do I choose to disagree with homosexuality?
Because I believe in the Lord with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.


I choose to live my life to the best of my ability from his written doctrine, the Bible. No I am not perfect and do not claim to be so, but I do know that I can disagree with others in a peaceful manner. 


Some Bible Verses that I use for my own personal reference are:


Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Leviticus 18:22


If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Leviticus 20:13


(now with Leviticus 20:13 this was the law before Jesus came and died for all of our sins. We now know that because he died for us all one simply has to do is pray and ask for his forgiveness instead of being put to death)


I think the best point from the Bible that is the most relatable to todays issues is found in Romans Chapter 1. I have listed below just a couple verses to help make my point.



27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 
29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips,
 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 
31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death,they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

I write this blog post today with a heavy heart. I know that my words may very well be twisted and used to be thrown back at me by someone who disagrees.
The beauty of America is our freedoms, and I am using my freedom of speech to write this.

I want to lastly make it very clear.

I do not in anyway hate homosexuals. I believe that it is their decision to live their life the way that they want to. 
My goal is to just try and spread the Love of God to everyone whom I can, and to do it in the most peaceful manner that I know how. I pray that my words may help someone to realize this Love. That maybe I can have some small, smidgen of an impact for the good of my Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment