Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August Outing

Over the summer I got to thinking about how there are soooo many amazing restaurants in NOLA and how I'd love to try them all! Unfortunately living solely on a teacher budget and cutting calories doesn't always allow us much room to splurge.

Chris and I have decided that once a month we want to go out and do something touristy. With the quarter just a stones throw away, we really don't go and enjoy it as much as we really should.

After getting some recommendations from my teacher friends, we tried out Frenchman street and ate at Adolfo's for our month of August outing. At first I wasn't so sure because we had to go up some pretty weird stairs and the place was literally the same size as my living room, but it was well worth it!



I ordered a crab and crawfish stuffed cannoli (I thought cannoli was just a dessert) and it was AMAZING! As you can tell, Chris was already havin' at it before I could snap a pic. I'll take Creole anything, much less Creole Italian food any day of the week! Also the prices were just a little bit lower than the average NOLA food that we've experienced, which gave it even more bonus points for us! 

We already have our September outing planned for a night out at a Jazz cafe, which I am super stoked about! Never in a million years would this country gal think I would be this excited about listening to some jazz music, but I am pumped!  



No comments:

Post a Comment