Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rain


I really don't like it when it rains.

Yes, I am one of those girls that says,
"urgg... it's raining, my hair just aint gonna look right today"

A wavy hair texture and high humidity just do NOT mix.
Trust me.
When it rains down here,
I am sportin an afro!


Living in a city that is below sea level,
you really learn to not like it when it rains.

(I took this picture of the road that runs right in front of my school. You can see the black fence and grass, but that grass is up on a curb. The water had risen above the curb of the road!!)

I never knew before we moved down here that a car could have a wake.

Not a wake, like wake up, I mean a wake like a boat has a wake.

When you are driving in 2 inches of water, behind your car,
 going out in the direction of a V is a wake of water.

I actually have just about hydroplaned all the way to work before.

It was super scary!
I was going 30 and then there are other cars ZOOMING past me going 60 and their big car wake make it even worse for me!

I have seriously driven through spots with 5 to 6 inches of water!
It is impossible to stear and I usually just sing
Jesus take the wheel!
(But now, I aint no Carie Underwood so the sweet Lord is probably more thinkin,
man with she please just SHUT UP! haha)

Please no Rain tomorrow! I just want to make it to work with no afro and normal hair, pant legs that aren't wet halfway up my calf, and some since of my nerves still in control!!



No comments:

Post a Comment