Friday, October 19, 2012

Teaser Revealed


So here are the results to the teaser I posted about on Monday.

Chris and I have had the plans to make something for our sweet seminary friends to congratulate them on their pregnancy for several weeks now.

After surfing pintrest Chris actually found an idea about making a sign.

We went to MY FAVORITE store in the city,
The Green Project,
and found an old piece of scrap wood.

I have written several blog posts about this store and how they take scraps from old NOLA houses that are about to be demolished and then resell them.

Lucky us, the piece of wood we found had already been painted the perfect shade of white.

I think it came off of the top part of an old window frame.


Then we got home and I got busy making a stencil for the letters we wanted with my cameo machine.

Instead of just using the vinyl letters we decided to make a stencil and use black paint.

After a couple coats we peeled off our stencil,
and this was the result! 


Then we took it out back and tried to rough up the edges a bit with some sandpaper. 

Chris and I absolutely loved it and it was so much fun making this sign.

It totally made me wish it was for MY sweet baby's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment