Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well since we have moved in and gotten settled our last few days have been busy, busy!!

Chris has started his classes. He is taking one class on campus that lasts for 2 weeks and then three other online classes.

Everyone else here seems to be pretty much out of the summer so that makes him the only goofball taking summer classes. I am so proud of him for taking such a full load. It keeps him busy and he is handling the course load very well.

Throughout the day he is pretty much constantly reading something. He has several book reviews and papers, so a little note to the family, Chris is very busy and please do not take it personal if he does not call or answer your calls. Honestly Your best bet would be to call me:)
(Plus Chris hates taking on the phone so if you call me you can get to hear a real conversation besides, good, ok, uhh, huh)

On that note I have already jumped into the job market. The past few days I have been working at a preschool that is located on campus! I have been offered a head leader position for their pre-k starting in August!
I am still on the job hunt for looking for teaching positions in the school system. I would like teaching in the school system better because of the benefits and what nots:)

To both of our moms, Chris and I have made friends
(that is just a little inside joke)
We have eaten dinner with some people that live across from our apartment and some our RA's. We have even been asked if we would like to go on a real 'gator tour in a little dinky john boat! This guy took some other people out gator huntin and they saw huge ones! I was definitely in for the ride! You just have to see all the guns and knifes this guy keeps in his little apartment to know that with him you would be safe from just about anything!

Another thing is that recently New Orleans has been setting records on their temperatures for this time of year. Today it hit 97 degrees and with the humidity the weather man said that it felt more like 105 degrees!
I just walked from our apartment to my preschool job, which is about 2 little blocks, and was literally drenched in sweat! Oh and that was just 9:00 this morning!
So it is HOT!! and it is only JUNE!! I can't imagine what the end of July and August are going to feel like!

Hope all are well in good ol' Georgia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment