Friday, July 8, 2011

Bucket List

I was looking at some of my friends blogs and several of them have made bucket lists. I immediately jumped in on the idea.

Except I am a big list person. I blame it on OCD, which runs in the family.

See I am the type of list person, where if I make a list, then I HAVE to cross everything off.

Sometimes I will even write something on the list that I have already done, just so I can then cross it off.

I make grocery lists and things to do lists.
Recently I have made lists for my classroom. Lists of things I need, lists of ideas for classroom management, lists of lesson ideas......

Yea, Yeah, I know I am obsessed with lists.

So when I started thinking about making a Bucket List, I figured hummm...

Maybe it is not the brightest idea for me to make a list of things I want to do before I die. Because I don't want to look back when I am old and see all the things that I didn't accomplish and have any regrets.
(or see all the things that have not been crossed off)

So I am making a Bucket List for New Orleans.
I thought that this would be a much better idea. I have included several items that I want to do before me move back to GA.

(that is IF we move back to GA after we are done here:)

My blog is devoted to our time in NOLA so I am going to copy and paste these things in a new tab that you will be able to find on the top of the blog screen.

SO HERE IT IS:

NOLA Bucket List
(Things I want to do Before we Kick it out of this Place)

- Ride the cable car
- Ride in a horse and buggy carriage
- Sit in the grass for a festival concert
- Dance in the street to a random street music performer
- Buy a mask and wear it walking around the french market
- Sing Karaoke on the street
- Take my picture standing beside one of the statue street  performers of me trying to be a statue
- Ride on a steam boat
-Take a haunted tour
- Take a trip down the Causeway (a 23 mile long bridge!!)
- Climb in one of the big trees on Seminary Campus
- Stroll through one of the old Cemeteries
- Eat some real authentic gumbo
- See some alligators
- See some of the old Plantation Houses
- Go to a Jazz concert
- Go inside a Voodoo shop. (Just to see whats really in there)
- See a Marde Gra Parade
- Go to the Louisiana Children's Museum. (It looks so cool!)
-Go to the Audubon Zoo
- Take a Creole Food Cooking Class

Well, I know my list is long and I am sure that I will think of several more things that I want to add to this list. But for now, maybe I will be able to cross off several of these things before the next two years are over!

No comments:

Post a Comment