Sunday, December 11, 2011

Saturday Mornin'


Ever since Chris and I went to this place called, "The Green Project" I have been wanting to go back and get an old window. I have blogged about this place before.

It is just soooo COOOL!!

What they do is when people are about to demolish old buildings in the City they come in and try to take out stuff that they can resell.

Some of the stuff is pretty cheep and you can get some deals!

On our quest for an old window,
Of course we had to walk around and look at all the Great Stuff!

I was snappin' pictures with my iphone.

Of course they had shutters galore! This is the place where Chris and I got our shutters from that cover the ugly water heater in our apartment.

They have tons of old doors! I LOVE LOVE some of the old doors they have!

It would be soooo cool to turn one into a table.


They also had really pretty old fireplace mantels!

They are all just stacked up!




Lurved this mantel:)

They also had old screen doors. I was looking for a little screen that I could reuse to hang some of my ear rings on.
But no such luck.

I liked this big turquoise one:)

They also have huge mirrors! For $1 a square foot!

I would love to get a big one and have Chris make a rustic wooden frame just for the edges!

I saw one in one of the apartments on Campus and it was fabulous!


I loved these doors!
The stuff in this place just has so much personality!


Of course they had old bathtubs as well!

Now, I know they look gross and dirty, but with some good elbow grease
they would be so cute!


This one would look better with the bottom painted a different color than puke yellow:)

Oh yeah, the whole reason why we came,
Windows!!

They have a WHOLE backroom full of old windows. We looked through them and wound up with 2!

All their windows are only $5 a piece for any size!


I liked this mantel too!

Thought this door was precious and wondered how it would look once all the gunk was cleaned off!

Little teeny, tiny shutters! They could be great to hold cards, letters, or mail!


More old mantels:)


So I got my windows hung up!
My sweet boy was studying hard this weekend for finals,
 so my goal was just to get them cleaned and on the wall.

I have been trying to decide what I want to put in the windows.

I was thinking pictures in the big window
and making the smaller window into a key holder.

Guess I will post more pictures with the completed product!

No comments:

Post a Comment