Sunday, January 8, 2012

We're Back!

Ahhh..... an instant sign of relief came out of Chris and mine mouths when we stepped through our apartment door!

and then I shouted, "We're home!" and an spontaneous bout of energy came out of me and I was jumping and singing about the place while unpacking.

Now, who woulda thunk I would be that
excited to be back in NOLA!!

I bet our neighbors were not so excited.
I'm sure they were sitting, eating lunch or watching t.v., and then heard my commotion coming through the walls. I imagine they probably thought, "Arghhh.... They're back!"

While we were gone I am sure they were able to enjoy peace and quite without having to hear Chris's feet flopping about with every step in his old man slippers, and me singing off tune in the kitchen while trying not to burn our supper.

We had such a good time in GA
but 2 and a half weeks are just tooooo long!

Chis and I have so much stuff to do here that being gone makes up both get behind.


We unpacked and made phone calls and text messages letting everyone know we made the long drive safe.
 Then I got busy putting away all of our Christmas Presents.

It was like Santa came again!

I was able to open up our stuff and finally take it out of the packaging.

We LOVE our new knives! They are awesome!
I also got super excited about my baby crock-pot! Finally getting to see it out of the box!

Thanks again family and friends for putting up with us for the past two weeks. Chris and I really enjoyed our time in GA and had such a blast catching up with everyone!


I went to the grocery store and guess what!!! They had crab meet on SALE!!

I was able to get an 8oz package of fresh crab meet for $1.99!

Booohhhh YYEAAH!

So tonight I made a surprise dinner for my sweet hubby!

Low fat crab cakes! We already had everything that I needed in the kitchen to make them, and when I saw that crab meet was on sale I just went for it!




They were very meaty! I followed a recipe but also threw in a little extra things from my spice rack to make it even better!

My plate! We have some "Hurricane Sauce" which is sold down here. I don't really know how to describe Louisiana Hurricane Sauce. It is kind of like tarter sauce, but way different.

My hurricane sauce went all over my plate because I forgot that it didnt have a cap on it.

Oh well, my crab cakes were delish and the hubs thought so too!


So READY To see my sweet firsties tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment