Sunday, July 8, 2012

Scaries!



In the past 2 weeks I have been up at my new school 3 times, and have finally got the desks, file cabinets, shelves, and posters everywhere I wanted them.

A HUGE shout out to my sweetest hubby for going one day up to school and being the muscle behind moving some of the heavy furniture and hanging items up high:)

Anyhoo... I have noticed this bucket from when I first came into my room.
Since it is a 5 gallon bucket I just thought that it was left in my room from when the custodians did their fabulous work on my shiny floor.

Finally the last time I was up there, right when I walking out the door,
I took the time to glance down at the bright yellow bucket sitting beside my door.

I admit, it is kinda super scaries to read!
(yes mother, I know scaries is not a real word. I just like saying it)


If you can't read the picture it says

EMERGENCY SURVIVAL SUPPLIES

This Unit Contains
Food, Water, Tools, Light, Radio, Shelter, Sanitation, First Aid
Life Support for ___ Persons


Since the bucket was already opened I looked inside.
Wowza! It is jam packed tight with all kinds of little plastic baggies!
All I could really see from the top was what looked like to be some type of little MRE's, a couple mini flash lights, and some ponchos. I know there is a LOT of more different things all shoved down in there.

Here's the kicker,
on the top of the bucket under the black lid is toilet seat.
Once you take out all the MILLIONS of tiny plastic pouches the bucket turns itself into a sanitation device.
Pretty nifty I guess:)

On my drive home I started thinking about that bucket.
I have never seen any other school OR building with these in every room before.

My school is located out in a very marshy area.

Now this is just what Chris and I think, but we very well may be wrong.

Of course this area was hit hard by Katrina, cause pretty much everywhere in the lower 9th and St. Bernard Parish were hit bad,
but the area this school was hit was not from the levees breaking.
It was damaged from the storm surge of the ocean.

This school is way out in a highly marshy area, that probably gets flooded a lot.
SO they keep these little babies in every classroom just in case.

Ok... major scaries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment