Friday, January 25, 2013

Wait

I am still in search for a Bible theme verse for me this year. I know January is almost over, but I am still searching for the perfect one to help me through 2013.

Yesterday I read this verse and It just stuck home with me.

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14  

Lord, sometimes I just don't want to wait. I want it now. I pray for things for now. I guess I am the type of person who wants instant gratification. I want all worries gone now. I want all family health problems healed now. I want zero anxiety now. I want us to be safe now. I want kids now. I want a 'normal' house now. I want Chris to be done with school now. I want to be back in GA now. I want now.... I want now....

Oh how in my impatience, how blessed I am to know I have a patient God. One who is patient with me through my ceaseless demands. One who teaches me lessons on patience though his word. I know he has a time and place for everything, just learning to wait can be the hardest part. 

Sometimes God teaches me personally through looking at others dilemmas.  He shows me people who are missionaries and spend years out of their lives away from home, I am sure they too wish sometimes to be back with loved ones. He shows me couples who try for years and years to have children, and how after all their patience they are finally blessed with one. He shows me hardworking individuals who work long hours and barely make enough to get by, and yet they still praise him for the opportunity to work. 

I'm in the process of learning to wait. Wait for his timing. Because I know that if I put all my faith in him, together we will move mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment