Monday, June 27, 2011

Things I Love

Saturday I went up to the pool while Chris went out fishin with our friend Brian. I love getting some pool time in.
 I love the little sting of getting just a bit red.
Chris went fishing on Lake Pontchartrain (yes that is the correct spelling) and they didn't catch anything, but he still had a blast!

I loved the view from the pool Saturday. There were kids splashing in it, but I didn't mind. I love the Seminary Kids. These kids have been packed up with their parents to come down here, left their friends and school, and have made the most of the transition.

Sometimes when I see these kids I think of my sweet daddy. My Grandpa, Buddy, moved his family out to Texas to Seminary when my daddy was a boy. My daddy would have been one of those kids running around the Seminary with his friends ridding his bicycle trying to see who was brave enough to go fastest down the hill.

I love our doors. I know this is really strange, but I love the doors in our apartment.
Above is not the best picture, but our doors are really sturdy and heavy.I love the old doorknob and big key hole. We don't really have keys to these doors.They remind me of the kind of doors you would find in an old country house.

I sometimes think about who all have been through our door. I wonder about the other families that have lived in our apartment. Yes, are hardwood floors are scratched and rustic, but maybe they were scratched from children playing with toys on the floor. Or scratched from others trying to move in a big sofa. (wink wink Gary, Daddy, and Chris!!)

 I imagine this place being filled with others who were on the same mission as we are. To follow the plan that God has set before them.


I love red velvet cupcakes!
Today was my first day off. I didn't have anywhere I had to be today. No work and no errands. I go for my first day at the Elementary School Tomorrow! I can't wait to meet everybody!

Since I was at home and had all the ingredients
 I made these little babies.

These are Christopher's Nana's SECRET recipe Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting.
We passed these out with little cards to all of our neighbors.

I was super proud of myself! I only ate one cupcake! It was one that was still warm out of the oven and had no icing on it! I made up for the icing later though, I just had to lick a beater from when I made the icing:)

I sure do love this boy!
His schedule for the day was:
Wake up
Study
Eat some Oreos
Study some more
Take a break and eat a PB&J sandwich for lunch
Study
Beat me in a Nintendo Wii Super Mario Brother's match
Beat me AGAIN at another match (meanwhile I stomp off! He always wins!!  not fair haha)
Study
Study
Study
Help me cook some Tilapia for dinner because I have a tendency to burn fish
Study
Help me pass out red velvet cupcakes to all our neighbors
Torment Megan on loosing all of the Nintendo Wii matches
Study some more
Eat some Oreos and a big glass of milk
Go to bed:)

I love all of these things, but most of all, I love my sweet Savior first!

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
Jeremiah 17:7 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment