Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crucifixion

Every Wednesday morning my school has chapel. It is like a little 'kid' centered church service.
All elementary grades 1-4 meet together to pray, sing worship, and our youth minister will usually do a cute devotion using puppets or various props.
Today's chapel was different in honor of Easter.
We watched a video on the Crucifixion of Christ,
as told by children.
It was NOT a cartoon but a REAL movie,
and it was AWESOME!!
I do not know the name of the movie but I totally am going to find out!! It was perfect for kids and went through the life of Jesus from birth to raising from the grave.
Anyhoo... I wrote all that to get to this part.
As the Crucifixion scene was playing out, one on my sweet first grade girls started softly crying.
I motioned for her to come to me and she ended up sitting in my lap with me smoothing her hair away from her face.
She was so upset and didn't understand why they were hurting Jesus. I merely uttered a few kind words and kept tell her to just keep watching for the best part was coming soon.
Now here is the tear jerker part....
After Jesus was raised from the dead he proved to his disciples that he really was the son of God and told them all to look at the scars on his hands and his feet.
Then the sweetest, littlest face looked up to me,
sitting in my lap,
with the most precious tears coming out of each corner of her eyes,
and held up little pure her hands and said these exact words,
"but... Mrs. Bagley, I don't have any scars on my hands"
at that moment we both just cried together. I hugged and rocked her. I told her, "I know, I don't have any scars either."
After the movie was over I did my best to explain that we both deserve those scars, but we don't have them because Jesus took them for us. He took our punishment, when he had done nothing wrong.
That sweet little girl did not give her heart over to Jesus today. I didn't want to pressure her into it, and in fact, I didn't feel like I needed to even ask her if she wanted to pray. I felt like her time of understanding was going to be coming soon.
I was so blessed today to watch a Crucifixion story of Jesus through a child's eyes, and with such sweetness and pureness to see it in awe and wonder:)

No comments:

Post a Comment