Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Taco Diva

So Chris and I really like mexican food.

Wait...I should change that, 
Chris and I really love americanized mexican food:)

We love to make tacos, enchiladas, dips, casseroles.

Pretty much we just like stuff with taco seasoning.

Here recently, since we are both on a diet.
I am on one to loose weight,
Chris is on one to gain weight.

Huhh... sometimes life just aint fair.

Anyhoo, we both really like what I call mexican salad.
It's just salad leaves, corn and peas, salsa,  and ground turkey with taco seasoning.

No cheese, no chips, no sour cream, and no salad dressing.
Its easy and we don't miss having dressing at all!


Since I have been buying 1 pack of taco seasoning per week,
and I saw this on pintrest,
I decided to make our own taco seasoning.

Here's the cast of characters

3 tablespoons chili powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper


Mix all together and there ya have it!

I actually made 2 batches of the mix, and since it was a little on the spicy side I opted out the chili powder with the second batch.

I used 2 tablespoons of the stuff in our 1/2 pound ground turkey the other night and it was great! 








No comments:

Post a Comment